The Six Sigma Way
2nd Edition (Released 2014)
How to Maximize the Impact of your Change & Improvement Efforts
The Six Sigma Way, 2nd Edition, is a definitive guide to successfully implementing Lean Six Sigma approaches into any organization and is essential for any manager who wants to stop thinking about building a continuous improvement culture — but actually make it happen.
The Six Sigma Way instantly earned the business world’s acclaim and opened manager’s eyes to the power they had to drive unprecedented positive change in their organizations. Now, this business classic had been updated to help you maximize business benefits using the power of Six Sigma’s quality control and customer-centric approach. This new edition retains everything from the original classic — what Six Sigma is, how it works, and how to adapt it to your particular needs — while providing valuable new sections on lessons learned and setting the record straight regarding myths and misunderstandings perpetuated over the years.
This all-in-one guide provides:
- Practical Six Sigma implementation guidelines anyone can understand
- New insights from managers who successfully applied the advice from the first edition
- Detailed case studies from such companies as Adobe, Macy’s and Starwood
- Hands-on “maps” that guide you through key decisions you must make
Pete Pande comments: “So much has happened since the first publication of The Six Sigma Way, and it has been rewarding to find that much of what was in the book then still holds true. At the same time, the opportunity to reflect on how organizations have used, or misused, Six Sigma had offered a lot of new insights. We’re pleased that this updated book will offer some real benefit to individuals and organizations still focused on driving continuous improvement today.”
“One of the Top 10 Most Influential Management Books and 20 Most Influential Business Books of the The Last 20 Years.” — Forbes
By Pete Pande, Robert Neuman, Roland Cavanagh
An Implementation Blueprint for Six Sigma
“The Six Sigma Way demystifies Six Sigma with a real-world ‘how-to’ guide. A good investment for any business planning to launch Six Sigma” – John Biedrey, VP Quality & Compliance, Sears Home Services If you are a business leader, manager or professional who wants to understand Six Sigma and how it can help create a more profitable organization, The Six Sigma Way is a “must have”. This is the first and only book that gives specifics on how to implement Six Sigma, whether as an approach to process improvement or a complete culture change.
Over 250,000 Sold and Translated into 16 Languages
The Six Sigma Way outlines the roadmap for implementing Six Sigma in your manufacturing or service organization. The authors – who have worked with some of the most visible Six Sigma companies including GE – provide step-by-step guidance and practical implementation tips. The Six Sigma Way also:
- Addresses the challenges and politics of launching, leading and training people for Six Sigma
- Focuses on implementing the major steps and quality improvement tools in the Six Sigma system
- Features insights,comments and examples from business leaders and managers using Six Sigma in their organizations
The goal in writing The Six Sigma Way was to help demystify this influential and growing force in American business. Readers are sure to find this book informative, enjoyable to read and even inspiring. The Six Sigma Way is divided into three sections to make it easy to use according to the reader’s interest and need, and answers the following questions:
- What is Six Sigma?
- How does it position a business to be more profitable and competitive?
- What are the steps that leaders, implementers and “Black Belts” should follow?
- Why is Six Sigma succeeding where TQM “failed?”
The Six Sigma Way can give your organization essential insights into why and how Six Sigma can help you meet the challenges of sustained success in the twenty-first century business environment.