An effective and inclusive planning process
We facilitate development of strategies that promote action and progress—while avoiding pitfalls that undermine direction and commitment. While there is no “one size fits all” method, we work with your leaders and people to answer essential questions, create alignment and link aspirations to actions.
Define Objectives & Scope
- What’s driving our need for a plan?
- How will we ensure engagement and commitment to the effort?
Assess & Refresh Mission, Vision, Values
- What are our existing strengths, challenges, opportunities?
- What business(es) should we be in?
- How to best express our purpose, aspirations and guiding principles?
Develop Priorities, Goals & Initiatives
- What actions are most essential to achieving our vision and mission?
- What specific outcomes will determine our success?
- How will we measure short- and long-term achievement?
Communicate & Execute Strategy
- How can we explain our strategy and engage our people?
- What initiatives will turn goals into results?
- Who will manage resources, assess progress and refine the plan?
Success Story: Planning Across Oregon State Government
Pivotal has partnered with several Oregon state agencies in guiding the development of strategic plans. These are part of an effort across the state’s government to deliver more effective services, ensure equity and inclusion, optimize use of tax revenues, and build more capable people and agencies.
Examples of these successes: